RBC-ISOBUS mr cast insulation busbars
A phase-insulated RBC-ISOBUS MR busbar is an optimal solution to ensure electrical connections for electrical equipment in three-phase 50–60 Hz AC circuits, with the rated voltage of up to 52 kV and the rated current of up to 7,000 A for both indoor and outdoor installations.
Field of application
Phase-insulated RBC-ISOBUS MR busbars are used to connect generator leads in such circuits as transformer – switchgear, switchgear – switchgear, automatic circuit breaker – cable line, and others.
Phase-insulated RBC-ISOBUS MR busbars are easily connected to any type of electrical equipment: generator, transformer, switchgear terminals (including those with SF6 insulation) and cable connections. If required, junction points can be insulated with special protective casings.
ERIP insulation is used in phase-insulated RBC-ISOBUS MR busbars (insulation based on epoxy impregnated paper). This insulation consists of the following:
- corrugated paper wound around the conductor;
- embedded semiconductor layers ensuring potential bonding to the busbar surface; and
- working grounding layer.
This structure is impregnated with epoxy resin under vacuum with the given autoclave thermal conditions. Aluminium rods or pipes are used as electrical conductors.
Coupling boxes with flexible bus-type compensators are used to connect sections to each other.
The design features, manufacturing technology and quality installation of the equipment guarantee its trouble-free operation according to the "set and forget" principle, throughout decades.
- no electrical shock hazard in case of contact with the live system;
- no partial discharges. The manufacturing technique minimises the probability of occurrence of any cavities inside the insulation. Prior to shipment, each busbar element undergoes partial discharge tests;
- no short-circuit risks. All phases are covered with casings and insulated from one another;
- fire safety;
- E-120 insulation fire-resistance;
- resistant to temperature extremes from - 60°C to +55°C;
- protection rating of up to IP68. Can be used in harsh climatic conditions (GOST 15150-69);
- natural cooling;
- no halogens. Neither releases flame-induced toxic gases, nor supports combustion; and
- high values of currents with thermal and dynamic ability.
Space and time saving during installation:
- phase-insulated RBC-ISOBUS MR busbars are supplied to the customer in package deliveries with all mounting assemblies required for installation. The number and contents of assemblies are calculated by means of special software considering the system input parameters. The modular assembly system ensures effective installation as quickly as possible;
- compact overall dimensions of the system, the minimum section bending radii and inter-phase distances enable to install this equipment in extremely confined spaces. As compared with conventional systems, much less reserved space is required to install a busbar during the construction of new buildings;
- one conductor per phase is used for currents of up to 7,000 A;
- lightweight system;
- minimum impact on the surrounding electrical power systems; and
- no speciall tools are required during installation. Bolted joints are used.