RBC-BETOBAR mv cast insulation busbars
RBC-Betobar busbar systems have been developed as modern multi-purpose means of efficient and safe power transmission. They are indended to ensure electrical connections in AC circuits with the voltage of up to 24 kV, rated current of up to 6,500 A and frequency of 50–60 Hz.
Sectors most suitable for cast resin RBC-BETOBAR MV busbars:
- electric power substations—to provide connections between switchgear cells, transformers and reactors;
- power generation; and
- industrial enterprises.
Busbars are copper or aluminium conductors (buses) with a special filling compound based on epoxy resin and mineral fillers that ensure high mechanical integrity and chemical durability.
RBC-Betobar MV busbar routes consist of elements manufactured in factory conditions. The electrical connection of conductors is ensured by cover plates with embedded high-tensile steel bolts.
The junction points of sections are insulated with the same compound as the one used for manufacturing these elements. This guarantees integral and end-to-end insulation with IP67-68.IK10 protection rating along the whole length of RBC-BETOBAR MV busbar. The existing direct and angular connection elements of RBC-BETOBAR MV ensure adjustment within the range of 10–20 mm thus significanly simplifying the installation process.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF RBC-BETOBAR MV BUSBARS:
- compact size;
- easy installation (modular system which does not require welding operations);
- no need for maintenance;
- protection against mechanical damages;
- high fire safety;
- low electrical resistance;
- highly resistant to short-circuit currents;
- IP67-68 protection rating (dust- and waterproof);
- absence of insulators;
- chemical durability of RBC-Betobar MV busbars;
- minimum generated heat;
- no need for drainage;
- indoor and outdoor installation;
- no condensate;
- can be manufactured in various shapes;
- insulation continuity; and
- no need for additional cooling.