RBC-GIL sf6 busbars
RBC-GIL systems is a reliable and compact alternative for cable and overhead power transmission lines. Effective screening of electrical and magnetic fields minimise the requirements for land allocation areas and ensure much safer operating conditions than air insulated busbars or regular cable systems.
In cooperation with Scientific-Production Association NPO VEI CJSC, Russian Busbar Center LLC offers a new product: high-voltage RBC-GIL SF6 gas insulated busbars.
ADVANTAGES of RBC-GIL:
- high transmission capacity and overload capability;
- low losses per phase metre;
- no power factor correction required;
- negligible electromagnetic field;
- connection to any type of power equipment;
- high reliability and long service life—more than 40 years of trouble-free operation;
- reliable operation in aggressive environments: sand, dust, moisture; low and high temperatures, wind and sleet loads, water and salts;
- diversity of installation techniques: directly in the ground, in tunnels or trenches, overland or in vertical chutes;
- flexible route layout: due to the direction change at any angle; and
- prompt installation and commissioning thanks to the flanged technology application.
The cost effectiveness of the RBC-GIL implementation is achieved due to the following:
- reduced power losses by more than 3 times as compared with overhead lines and by 2 times as compared with a cable line;
- improvement of the transmission capacity by more than 2 times in comparison with a cable line;
- reduced safety exclusion area by 30–50 times in case of above-ground installation as compared with overhead lines;
- reduced costs of installation as compared with cable lines, per value of excavation works;
- enhancement of environmental compatibility as well as fire and explosive safety; and
- adaptability—joint allocation with the exisiting bearing, including vertical, structures, without causing any adverse effect on the facilities: this ensures additional cost cutting with regard to installation works.