RBC-metabar bus ducts
Purpose and field of application
Metabar bus ducts with multi-layer insulation are intended for operation in DC and AC circuits with the frequency of 50 and 60 Hz, voltage of up to 1,000 V; in industrial, commercial, administrative buildings; at infrastructure facilities, in high-rise and multi-purpose buildings with the necessity for high power distribution density on the levels and between them as well as in conditions with stringent requirements for electric safety and the buildings use and upkeep.
Bus ducts are used for power distribution both during horizontal and vertical installation. There are no restrictions as related to the height of the vertical run of bus ducts. Bus ducts are completely fire-proof as they are neither combustible, nor cause any inflammation along and inside the bus ducts, at the exit points from one premise to another.
- Reliable anti-ignition protection: the bus duct design contains no combustible elements;
- The service life of bus ducts exceeds a cable service life thanks to other insulation principles of the current-carrying parts;
- The maximum flux density of bus ducts can be designed in advance, as compared with cable systems;
- Easy and quick installation;
- Bus ducts allow using less qualified employees during installation and maintenance works, which cuts labour costs and reduces human factor errors;
- Enhanced protection against mechanical damages;
- Wide variety of the line completion elements of bus ducts;
- Enhanced short-circuit protection;
- Compact line dimension sizes;
- Cheaper (as compared with copper) aluminium buses can be used in these bus ducts; and
- 100% of re-used standard bus duct elements.